Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas Walk At The Driskill Hotel

On Tuesday of this week, I had the opportunity to see a video put on by Topaz Labs and Harold Davis called, "A Homeopathic Approach to Adjustments".  I found it to be very inspirational.  One area that I really peaked my interest was where Harold took what seemed to be a "Cat's Eye" marble, photographed it and then brought a copy of the marble down below the shot, and put an object inside of the marble.  The two marbles were touching each other, but hat got me to thinking.

I went on a photowalk the next night and had thought of photographing a bulb on a Christmas tree and then putting a picture inside of it as one of my intentions of photographing that night.

In my travels, I went by the Driskill Hotel in Austin, Texas.  They had their tree up so I went inside to see it since it was in the middle of the lobby.  When I walked through the doors I heard a trio of two violins and a cello and walked toward the tree.  I looked closely at the tree and then I found my perfect opportunity.  I bulb that had many different facets to it.  I photographed it.  Then when I was getting ready to go out the doors that I came in, I turned around and photographed the tree.

When I went to post process my pictures, I could not help thinking about putting the tree inside of the bulb.  I had seen the technique done for clouds and other objects, so I thought I would try it for myself.  I learned a few things along the way, like I need to merge my layers before putting my frame around the picture, but it worked and I am happy with what I produced.

You will need to keep an eye out for the video as Topaz Labs has not put it out yet (they edit it to fit the youtube requirements).  I am sure if you go to youtube and search topaz labs harold davis and look for the video "A Homeopathic Approach to Adjustments", you will be able to see the video for yourself.

This is what I came out with




No comments:

Post a Comment