Thursday, September 17, 2020

Tree Roots

 Scientist say that you can tell the age of a tree by the number of rings that are in the trunk of the tree after it is cut down.  I am not sure how many years of a tree's life each ring represents (I know that it is claimed that for each of our years, a dog's years is equal to seven).  

Through my meditation and mindfulness, I have discovered that tree roots have interesting patterns in them as well.  I am not sure how the appearance of rings happen.  Whether it is from people walking over them or the erosion of the ground, but sometimes I discover depressions in the roots and other times I discover rings.

That was the case with this picture, it appears that there are rings in this tree root.  I could it fascinating and decided to take a picture.


What do you discover on your walks?  If you would enjoy learning more about photography, meditation or mindfulness, you are welcome to write to me and I would be very happy to set up a date and time for us to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment