Monday, October 17, 2016

The Alamo Cenotpath

On a recent visit to San Antonio I went by the Alamo.  I had photographed the Cenotaph which according to the site www.exploresouthernhistory.com means "empty tomb".  Tradition claims that the Alamo Cenotaph marks the spot where the slain defenders of the Alamo were piled after the battle in 1836 and burned in the great funeral pyres.  Today the remains are located in a marble casket at San Fernando Cathedral (according to Google Maps about a 15 minute walk.

The Cenotaph is very close to zone vii on the zone system that was developed by Ansel Adams.  I shot this picture and then made it a high key photograph by following a video from Blue Lighting TV on youtube that you can find here  after doing my normal processing.  I feel this gives this image a very spiritual quality and one that is fitting for so many men that are considered heroes in the history of Texas.





8 comments:

  1. Nice shot! I wantvto be a photographer like you someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot! I want to be a photographer like you someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep reading Althea and you will learn some of my techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the concept... since not all photos may speak of its own beauty and catch anyone's interest in a glance, the captions and description of the photographer will help the viewers to see that there is more than just simply looking at the outside appearnce of something,but also the reasons and deeper meaning of its existence.

    I look forward to see more of your arts kuya george ! :-)

    God bless your works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the concept... since not all photos may speak of its own beauty and catch anyone's interest in a glance, the captions & description of the photographer will help the viewers to see that there's more than just simply looking at the outside appearance of something, but also the reasons & deeper meaning of its existence.

    nice work kuya george. I look forward to see more of your arts!

    God bless your works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the concept... since not all photos may speak of its own beauty and catch anyone's interest in a glance, the captions & description of the photographer will help the viewers to see that there's more than just simply looking at the outside appearance of something, but also the reasons & deeper meaning of its existence.

    nice work kuya george. I look forward to see more of your arts!

    God bless your works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the concept... since not all photos may speak of its own beauty and catch anyone's interest in a glance, the captions & description of the photographer will help the viewers to see that there's more than just simply looking at the outside appearance of something, but also the reasons & deeper meaning of its existence.

    nice work kuya george. I look forward to see more of your arts!

    God bless your works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mylon, thank you for your thoughtful comment to my blog. Photographs are coming. At the present time I am laying the ground work for how I do my particular form of photography and how I process it. Then people will be able to learn and have an understanding of how I arrived to my result. Keep watching kuya, you can learn from me.

    ReplyDelete